New model-based workflows, reality capture, and expanded file support in Autodesk Construction Cloud make BIM more valuable for construction teams
Project stakeholders can now access critical model data in fewer steps; powerful new features provide greater control over cost and schedule management
NEW ORLEANS, September 27, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Autodesk University – Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK) today announced a suite of new features on Autodesk Construction Cloud, enabling construction project teams to more easily use and maximize the value of BIM from the office to the field. The enhancements provide all stakeholders with immediate access to model data and relevant information, enabling team members to streamline workflows and make critical decisions faster. Significant advancements were also announced today in scheduling and cost management capabilities within Autodesk Build, Autodesk Construction Cloud’s comprehensive construction management and field collaboration solution, aimed to help clients deliver their construction projects on time and within budget.
“To stay on top of increasingly complex and demanding construction projects, we need to ensure teams can work from the latest information and make informed decisions quickly,” said James Mise, VDC and digital delivery specialist at CRB Group. “The model is a great source of truth during design and planning, but the data is not easily transferred to construction teams during the construction phase of a project. With the new model-based features added to Autodesk Construction Cloud, we can use live Revit data to create assets, link model properties directly to assets, and display all the information we need in 2D or 3D.We are now able to take full advantage of the data from the model for saving time on all projects, minimizing communication errors and making smarter business decisions.”
Model data is simplified for every stakeholder with new releases of Autodesk Construction Cloud
With new advancements launched today on Autodesk Construction Cloud, construction teams can gain immediate access to and work with BIM data more easily, allowing stakeholders to use model data to identify potential impacts of the project, operate more efficiently and make better decisions.
- Model-based workflows in resources – Autodesk Build assets are now mapped and visualized in 3D using the latest design model, providing field teams with up-to-date asset tracking and equipment details. This simple automation helps avoid errors associated with outdated model data and makes it easier to connect assets to RFIs, submittals, issues, schedule, and other workflows.
- Distribution of model properties – Large design files can now be parsed into more digestible parts by creating custom views of model properties that are relevant to the day’s work. Now customers can simply select or deselect items including Levels, Property Categories, Rooms, Disciplines, Objects or a Custom Property to create an easier and more easily shareable view of the model. The model property breakdown will be available in Autodesk Build, Autodesk BIM Collaborate and Autodesk Docs. Learn more and watch a video about this new feature on our blog.
- Publish in the field – Autodesk BIM Collaborate VDC teams can create and share ad hoc views and approval models with field workers using a mobile device, all without leaving Autodesk BIM Collaborate. Together with the distribution of model properties, these tools eliminate manual steps, simplify model data for the field, and save time for the entire project. Publish to the Field is currently in open beta.
- Extended file support for mobile – Now customers can use their mobile app on the jobsite to navigate and interact with an expanded list of supported 2D and 3D design file types, including 2D DWGs and RVTs.
- Capturing reality in Autodesk Construction Cloud – Reality capture files such as laser scans or photogrammetry can now be imported directly into Autodesk Construction Cloud, allowing VDC teams to record precise measurements, aggregate them with other models, identify and troubleshoot issues, take progress snapshots, and provide full closeout documentation. For example, using reality capture methods like laser scanning or photogrammetry, project teams can create and work with 3D models of existing structures, such as new construction with existing facades or capture existing conditions. for infrastructure projects, all in Autodesk Construction Cloud.
“Design files are full of essential data, but every project stakeholder needs something different from the model,” said Ilai Rotbaein, senior manager, research and development, Autodesk Construction Solutions. “The advancements we’re announcing make it easier to access model data, eliminating unnecessary steps and ensuring the latest information is right in the hands of those who need it, whether they’re in the office, in the trailer, or Autodesk enables customers to truly connect design to construction and foster close collaboration throughout the project lifecycle.”
Autodesk Build continues to gain traction in the industry, constantly improving based on customer feedback
In the 18 months since the release of Autodesk Build, Autodesk Construction Cloud customers have created more than 50,000 projects in the construction management and field collaboration solution, compared to 8,000 in July 2021. Over 300 enhancements have also been made to Autodesk Construction Cloud products over the past year to boost performance, simplify workflow configurations, and make data easier to access.
Additional enhancements now available in Autodesk Build include new workflows for project management and finance, such as:
- Performance tracking in cost management – With the new set of performance tracking tools in Cost Management, self-employed contractors can analyze productivity and cost data in “near” real-time to gain clear visibility into the potential risk of schedule delays and cost overruns to enable accurate forecasting. Learn more and watch a video about this new feature on our blog.
- Schedule comparison and version control – Robust version comparison now allows users to visually compare up to five different versions of a calendar to quickly identify business changes. New version control features introduced today include a change history log and unique distribution lists for each scheduled update.
Learn more about these releases, other Autodesk Construction Cloud updates, and how we work with our customers to achieve better business results:
- Join us for Autodesk University 2022, a global conference at New Orleanswith select events available online at no cost to attend via the AU 2022 Digital Pass.
- Watch a live stream of the main construction session on Wednesday, September 28 at 1:30 PM CTby registering for the AU Digital Pass.
- Read the Digital Builder blog for more stories of how customers are seeing success and achieving better business results with Autodesk Construction Cloud.
Autodesk is changing the way the world is designed and made. Our technology spans architecture, engineering, construction, product design, manufacturing, media and entertainment, empowering innovators around the world to solve challenges big and small. From greener buildings to smarter products to the most compelling blockbusters, Autodesk software helps our customers design and create a better world for everyone. For more information, visit autodesk.com or follow @autodesk.
Safe Harbor Statement
We may make statements regarding planned or future development efforts for our existing or new products and services. These statements are not intended to be a promise or guarantee of future delivery of any products, services or features, but merely reflect our current plans, which may change. Purchasing decisions should not be made based on these statements. The Company undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist or change after the date on which they were made.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, Autodesk Construction Cloud and Revit are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in UNITED STATES and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and service offerings, specifications, and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document. © 2022 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.